Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weekly Square #6

Whew, I managed to get caught up on the weekly squares, and it’s not even the end of the week yet!

I decided not to use the piece I showed yesterday; I think I will mount that on a canvas or frame it (or both), as blog commenters suggested.

Instead, I fused spirals cut out of shibori-dyed fabric onto a painted background, stitched them with metallic thread, and added some little acrylic paint triangles and dots.

week6

Influences for this week’s 6x6” square: Lily Kerns QU class, Fractal Fragments (she’s focusing on spirals this week as a common fractal pattern; beyond that, I couldn’t tell you what’s happening, because fractals apparently make my brain dissolve, so I’m avoiding them); working with painted/screen printed fabric (the background started as a screen print that didn’t work out so well, so I covered it with Setacolor paints); and doodling, which I’ve been doing a lot lately.

No comments: