So there I was, happily working along, and my pancreas decided to act up. It gets “angry” every once in a while. I took to my bed with pain pills but then started running a fever, so my doctor told me to get to the ER. They gave me antibiotics and pain meds, but I felt much better by today (ok, I was still in pain, but the fever was gone and the doctors said the infection seemed to have been warded off, and I was going stir-crazy!) so I talked them into letting me come home. I’m working with doctors in Houston to schedule surgeries, so I hope the problem will at least be relieved in the near future, if not fixed permanently.
In the meantime, here are more screen printing pics. This time, I used Speedball drawing fluid to paint an image from my journal onto the screen. I let that dry, then squeegeed screen-filler fluid over it:
Then I pulled out a piece of previously-dyed fabric that was sort of ugly, and printed several of the above images on it:
The fabric is still drying, so I can’t hang it up to get a good pic, but here’s the image from one of the prints:
So far, everything has worked just like Lyric in the QU Screen Printing class said it would—the drawing fluid washed right out, but the filler fluid stuck. I guess the real test will be whether the filler fluid washes out completely with hot water when I’m ready to “erase” it . . . and whether my pancreas decides to behave itself so that I can something done.