Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Toys

My hardware-store haul from yesterday:

hardware_rubber

Rubber plumber’s gasket for carving stamps (see Cynthia St. Charles’ article in the current issue of Quilting Arts for more info).

Waterseal to seal the wood for the stamp bases (I bought the wood as well, but didn’t take a picture of it):

hardware_waterseal

Double-sided tape to attach the gasket to the wood, and duct tape to assemble my thermofax screens:

hardware_tape

Foam weather stripping to attach to a backing for more stamps:

hardware_weatherstrip_foam

Plastic washers to sew onto the back of small art and journal quilts for hanging:

hardware_plasticwashers

And finally, some acrylic caulk for . . . well, I don’t know yet, but I’ll let you know when I do!

hardware_caulk

2 comments:

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

I saw the article also and wanted to run right out and buy some of that plumber's gasket stuff. Good for you, you actually got it! Can't wait to see what you do with it. I will have to run to Home Depot this week and see if I can find some.
have a great week!

Sequana said...

I'll be watching for your ideas with the caulk. I have a sample of the "Single" here; like you, waiting to be inspired.