Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bits and Pieces

You know those dreams where you're trying to run, but it's like you're trapped in quicksand? That's what I feel like now. I've been in a lot of pain the last few days, so I'm trying to do just enough to take my mind off of it, but not so much that I wear myself down and risk getting really sick again. It just doesn't feel like I'm getting much done.

I'm actually accomplishing a few things, but not much of it is visible as finished projects. I've been organizing my class notes, doodling a lot, and posting pics and such to my various web spaces. I also started an inspiration journal, so I'm tearing out bits and pieces that inspire me or evoke some kind of emotional reaction from the piles of magazines I have stacked everywhere. I tried this once before, but I kept losing everything I tore out ("losing" in my house means putting it in what seems like the most logical spot so that I can find it again, then promptly forgetting where that spot was).

I've been beading a little; I just finished this little doohickey (I'm not sure what it's called). I've started another one, and I think I'll figure out a way to attach them to a journal quilt.

I painted some heavy-duty mulberry paper with setacolor paints. This is some BEAUTIFUL paper, and I'm definitely going to use it again. I started trying to put together a paper quilt using the mulberry paper as a base, but I just can't concentrate well enough to finish it.

I'm hoping the pain goes away soon or that my meds start working better (though there's not much chance of that after all these months). In the meantime, I'll just keep on with my "rat-killin'" as my grandfather-in-law calls it.

No comments: