More projects I finished over the summer:
This is a wall quilt I started almost by accident a very long time ago. I was playing around with piecing scraps—no neatly cut squares, no rulers, just rotary cut and stitch:
Then, I decided it would be fun to add some flower appliqué (fussy-cut from coordinating fabric) and organic (stem) lines to contrast with the geometric patchwork. I decided to hand-quilt the piece, and I was very very happy with it:
Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the blue chalk lines out that I had used to draw the quilting lines. I ended up washing the piece, and, of course, it lost its crispness.
I also finished the crazy quilt squares I started a while back in an online class, and I decided to stitch them together to make a pillow top: