Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Like Sand Through the Hourglass . . .


Remember that old lead-in to Days of Our Lives (is it still the same? or has it been updated?) where the sand is slipping steadily away through the hourglass . . . Where did March go? For that matter, where did the first 1/4 of 2008 go???

As usual I have more projects than time. I'm still taking online classes; the most recent is Sue Bleiweiss's Journal Making for the Fiber Artist. I've been making journals for a while; in fact, in some ways this entire textile journey started with journal-making, so it's fun to come full circle. But taking a class is great because I learn some new techniques, gain confidence, can share my work with others, and feel like I'm on a deadline (typically, the only way I can actually get things done!).

I love that journal-making incorporates so many of the materials I've been learning about and working with the last year: fabric, paper, paints, tags, yarns. In fact, before it's over I may be able to figure out how to use a lot of the "stuff" that's been piling up in my craft room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your journal looks great!

Purple Missus said...

I like the fabric you have used for this - very summery. Also a very well made journal.