Friday, March 11, 2011

Eureka!

Despite my resolve, I haven’t been any better about posting.

But I did want to share a couple of discoveries with you . . . as always, I’m probably the last kid on the (blog) block to know about these, but you never know . . .

1) Google Reader. WOW! I love this thing. It’s easily accessible to me because I use gmail, but if you don’t you can probably find a reader that works just as well. I remember the days of having to check the blogs I follow manually to see if there were any new posts. Even then, I never made it through the list because I got distracted by their blog rolls, and I fell into the blog rabbit hole. No more! Now I see all the new blog posts in one easy-to-read list (I hope Jamie Fingal doesn’t mind that I’m showing her blog here in my list—I’m a fan!):

google_reader

2) I’m also a long-time fan of the Kemshalls, and I just discovered their “Design Matters TV” videos. Access to the videos does cost money, but I think it’s reasonable for the amount of knowledge they share with their viewers. I’m having a blast watching the videos, and as always with Linda & Laura Kemshall, I’m inspired to create!

(Btw, I have no affiliation with either of these products, I just love them both.)

I hope to share pics soon of the various things I’ve been working on. Unfortunately, I’ve discovered that one of the factors in my blog-neglect may be my “new” camera. My old Kodak gave out a few months ago, and I replaced it with a Fujifilm Finepix. There’s just no comparison with the old Kodak, and I spend a lot more time photoshopping the pics to make them even presentable.

I kick myself for not following my inclination to buy another Kodak Easyshare.

Oh well; live and learn, right?

P.S.: Glancing through my blog, I see I included a recommendation for Google Reader in my last blog post; that's what happens when too much time passes between posts :-) At any rate, just take it to mean I love Google Reader TWICE as much as I did before!

No comments: