Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tattoo Quilt

I just finished this quilt top from a kit I bought at the Honey Bee Quilt Store a few weeks ago. I justified the purchase when I realized I’m probably going to have to miss the Houston quilt show this year :-(

top

top_closeup

I saw a completed “tattoo” quilt in the store, and thought it was really cute. When I realized there was a kit, I had to snatch it up. This quilt is made from a pattern called “Perfect Ten” by Swirly Girls Design, because it uses 10 fqs. It went together much more quickly than I thought it would.

I need to buy backing fabric for this one, and it may be a while until I have time to FMQ it, but I think it will be adorable!

2 comments:

treasurefield said...

I love it!
Why is it called "tattoo"?
I'm new to textile art (so new I haven't actually done anything --ha!). I do know FMQ is free motion quilting because I think I would love it. I also think I need a better machine!
^_^
I enjoy following your posts!
Cheers,
Alisa R.

Michele/TextileTraveler said...

Thanks, Alisa. I guess I should have made that clear: some of the fabric is "tattoo" fabric; the black & white has little cartoons of a tattoo artist and "Rosie's tattoo" or something like that on it; and the hearts/birds print has tattoo designs on it.