Thursday, May 1, 2008


Here's the crazy thing--I'm so busy making journals that I don't have time to journal. I don't know, maybe that's ok? After all, a lot of the reason I journal is as a motivator to create, or as a way to work out ideas, or as a way to get things out of my head and down on paper. So maybe I'm just skipping that step and going right to the creating part . . .

Anyway, here's another journal. The cover is based on a recent article in Quilting Arts magazine--a technique with acrylics, alcohol, and pearlex powders that I've been wanting to try. Once I painted the piece, I realized it was the perfect size for a screw-post journal, so I painted a back piece, then filled it with a mix of watercolor paper, cardstock, and a few colored/scrapbook pieces of paper.

1 comment:

Heather Pregger said...

I love it! The cover is great, and I like the decorative papers on the inside. I'll have to look at the Quilting Arts article again...