Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tagged

Ok, so I've seen this tagging thing on blogs here and there, but didn't really know what the "rules" were until I was actually tagged by Beth.

So, here are the rules:
1. When tagged place the name of the person and URL on your blog
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favorite weblogs
5. Send an email letting those bloggers know they have been tagged!

Am I breaking Rule #5 if I tag people via their blogs instead of emailing them? At any rate, I'm tagging Marjie, Sandy, Angie, Ruth, Eve, and . . . well, I've run out of time for now, so that will have to do. I've tagged them because I love dropping in on their blogs and seeing what wonderful new things they've created. Check out other great blogs from the list on the right side of this page!

7 things about me:

1) I don't like my food to mingle and converse on my plate. Some of my worst memories are of school lunches on the days when we had pizza and corn, and the corn juice ran under the pizza and got it all soggy. My dinner "plate" is more often a series of bowls with each food happy in its own, separate little world.
2) I used to practice my "famous artist's signature" over and over in high school, but never took an art class because I thought you had to be able to draw before you could take one.
3) Instead, I raised pigs in "Ag" (agriculture classes) and was freshman President of the FFA (Future Farmers of America). Obviously, since I didn't grow up to be a farmer, this experience had little "real-world" application, but I can tell you that pigs are very smart and very sweet, and that a gallon of water weighs 8 lbs.
4) I hate to cook (and I'm not very good at it), but I love to bake (and I'm pretty good at it).
5) In college, I majored in Accounting, Computer Programming, Radio, Television, and Film, Communications, and Astronomy (in succession, not all at the same time) before finally settling on English (American literature, not spelling and grammar). Once I switched to English, they couldn't get rid of me--I stayed for my Master's Degree, then my Ph.D., but didn't finish writing my dissertation.
6) I can't focus on anything long enough to get really good at it (see above). Ok, maybe that's not true, since I did stick with English in grad school; oh wait, I didn't finish my dissertation because I kept jumping around and changing topics & focus.
7) If I don't have my coffee AND do something creative every day (preferably at the same time), I get very, very cranky.

No comments: