Sunday, August 26, 2007

Vacations


Yes, it's true, I did allow myself to be dragged (with only minimal kicking and screaming) to Galveston for a brief vacation with our wonderful friends, Denise & Mac. And, as always, I was very happy to get away once I remembered how to relax.

Of course, I realized the night before we left that I didn't have an appropriate tote bag to carry along all my art supplies, so I whipped one up. Fortunately, I had already created the block for the front of the bag, and it was just waiting to be put to use.

I hate the beach & water at Galveston; it's on a sandbar, so the water is brown and sea-weedy and the beaches are ugly. But I felt an incredible pull to the town itself; I love the houses, the feel of the island, the proximity to the water. And Moody Gardens was fabulous. I now have tons of sea-life photos from the aquarium to play with and turn into . . . quilts? glass projects? mixed media works? Who knows?

Anyway, I've posted more pics on Flickr--just a few. I have to find time to go through the digital images and resize and clean them up.

1 comment:

janene said...

The bag you whipped up is stunning. Janene